The TEAM Companies provide a wide range of payroll and business affairs services and technology solutions that support the production of advertising and entertainment projects for all media. The Sr. A/R Coordinator is a key administrative support position with general office duties. This position requires analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, an aptitude for numbers, multi-tasking and quality client service skills. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter with initiative and a pro-active approach to responsibilities and working with colleagues. Discretion in handling company and client information is required, along with professional ethics, appearance and conduct.
Duties & Tasks
- Processing all forms of payments (Checks, ACH, Wire, credit card) – coding, posting to A/R and e-deposit daily.
- Generate daily cash receipt reports and forward accordingly.
- Generate reports and close out Team invoices.
- Analyzes A/R customer accounts and resolves any differences via email, phone calls, etc.
- Works toward management DSO (Daily Sales Outstanding) objectives.
- Keeps management abreast of potential collection problems at an early stage.
- Preparation of the Weekly A/R status report for review with Supervisor.
- Weekly review of open accounts for collection efforts. Provide timely follow up on payment arrangements.
- Monthly and weekly delinquent statements/notices
- Assists in the month end close activities related to A/R; credit memos and cash applications.
- Process ad hoc requests for cancelled checks.
- Collecting on unpaid invoices/invalid deductions
- Develop and maintain regular reports via the company’s accounting system.
- Generate adjustment report and enter accordingly.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- College degree and 3-5 years of experience in an Accounts Receivable role
- Proficient with Windows Office to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint and willingness to learn new and/or proprietary computer applications as required.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and computerized accounting systems.
- Basic office skills and abilities, – computers, phones, fax equipment, copiers, etc.
- Experience with cash applications and customer account reconciliations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills – interaction with clients, colleagues, and management.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers, other departments and vendors.
- Provide positive leadership by coordinating work efforts, making suggestions, streamlining functions and keeping management abreast of any potential work problems.
- Displays a positive, team-oriented, professional, courteous manner and supportive approach to all co-workers, customers and tasks.
- Quick learner & strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Flexibility and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Credentials, Experience & Education
- Minimum Educational requirement: College degree.
- College Accounting/Finance/Business degree and/or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of JDE Payroll system a plus.
- Advertising/Music/Entertainment Union (SAG-AFTRA, AFM) experience a plus.