Great opportunity for the right candidate in a successful company with good benefits and a friendly work environment. We are looking for a “self-starter” with a strong background in corporate accounting, good judgment, initiative, excellent interpersonal skills and a pro-active approach to tasks and responsibilities. Payroll experience a plus. Discretion in handling company and private or confidential information, along with professional ethics, appearance and conduct is also required.
Duties & Tasks
- Handle corporate income tax filings and requirements.
- Analysis and accrual of tax remittances and reconciliation with the general ledger
- Assist in the preparation and filing of business licenses and census responses
- Handle Multi states and government property and sales/use tax filings
- Assist in workers comp and 401K audits
- Preparation of periodic accounting reports and audit/FS schedules as needed
- Handle cost accounting reconciliations and analysis.
- Backup to internal payroll accounting general ledger entry processing and reconciliations
- Analyses and reconciliation of employee deductions and other payroll accounts with the GL
- Perform special projects and prepare ad hoc operational and financial analyses as required by management
- Back up to other accounting personnel
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic office skills, proficiency in standard office equipment – computers, calculators, phones, etc.
- Strong verbal and written skills along with good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills required
- Flexibility and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willingness to work overtime including weekends and holidays
- Good interaction with co-workers in a professional office setting
Credentials, Experience & Education
- Educational requirement: College Graduate in Accounting or Business. CPA preferred
- Tax experience in partnerships/LLCs preferred
- ADP payroll accounting experience a plus
- At least 5 years work experience as an Accountant required
- Microsoft Excel (intermediate to advance skill level a plus), Word, Outlook
- Knowledge of JD Edwards ERP system and Hubble Reporting tool, a plus.
- Ability and willingness to learn new and/or proprietary system applications as needed.