ABOUT The TEAM Companies
The TEAM Companies are a leading payroll, business affairs & technology provider to the advertising & entertainment industries. We offer union & non-union payroll for actors, musicians, singers, crew, editors, visual effects artists and other craftspeople working on commercials, video games, online content, concert tours and in the music recording industry. TTC also provides technology products including a best in class online timecard and employee on-boarding system designed for the content production community. This is a great opportunity to join an industry segment leader & contribute directly to its impact on the advertising & entertainment communities it serves.
The TEAM Companies’ Talent Payroll Department pays actors, singers, dancers voice-over artists and other performers working in advertising, electronic games and online content. The Payroll Clerk is an administrative position that is responsible for maintaining the filing of employment and performer union documents, assisting with integrity checks of detailed reports that go to clients, and following up internally, and with clients, on specifics related to the production of a commercial, video game or other projects. This is an entry-level position that requires analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, an aptitude for numbers, multi-tasking and quality client service skills. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a pro-active approach to tasks, responsibilities and working with colleagues. Discretion in handling proprietary company and client information is required, along with professional ethics, appearance, and conduct.
Duties & Tasks
- Maintain department filing systems.
- Mail and e-mail invoices, holding fee notices and other reports to clients
- Assist with performing integrity checks of the customized payroll system
- Distribution of invoices to clients.
- Perform additional tasks or special projects as requested.
- Assist with support for incoming phone calls and inquiries as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic office skills and proficient user of standard office equipment
- Articulate and respectful interaction with colleagues, department staff, management and executives in a professional setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; ability to communicate clearly and concisely with clients.
- Knowledge of government and industry requirements for payroll helpful but not required.
- Computer skills including Outlook, Word and Excel, and ability and willingness to learn new and/or proprietary computer applications as required.
- Minimum typing/keyboarding of 50 words per minute.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Flexibility and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
Credentials, Experience & Education
- Minimum Educational requirement: High School Graduate.
- Two years of college or related experience preferred.