ABOUT The TEAM Companies
The TEAM Companies (TTC) are a leading payroll, business affairs & technology provider to the advertising & entertainment industries. We offer union & non-union payroll for actors, musicians, singers, crew, editors, visual effects artists and other craftspeople working on commercials, video games, online content, concert tours and in the music recording industry. TTC also provides technology products including a best in class online timecard and employee onboarding system designed for the content production community. This is a great opportunity to join an industry segment leader & contribute directly to its impact on the advertising & entertainment communities it serves.
The mailroom clerk manages the highly utilized mail facility within the Burbank headquarters, assuring key equipment used to mail checks are always in optimal working order and that incoming mail is quickly sorted and delivered to assure all incoming checks are received and applied to accounts. The clerk is on the front lines of office operations, making sure our fast-paced headquarters has the daily supplies it needs to operate efficiently. The position requires excellent communication skills with good follow-through, analytical and problem-solving abilities along with the ability to multi-task and be flexible. The ideal candidate is a “self-starter” with a pro-active approach to tasks, responsibilities and working with colleagues. Discretion in handling company and client information is required, along with professional ethics, appearance, and conduct.
Duties & Tasks
- Enveloping and stamping outgoing payroll checks
- Taking daily mail to post office
- Maintaining Stuffer and Mail Stamp Machines, calling for service if needed
- Sort daily mail and deliver to departments
- Check toner inventory and ordering
- Order office supplies, and stocking supplies
- Stock paper stations around the office and payroll checks
- Maintain mailroom appearance, including removal of boxes, to assure efficient operations
- Support the Music & Concert Tours payroll departments by scanning of contracts and backup documents
- Working on Special Projects as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to operate standard office equipment – computers, multi-function phones, etc-
- Ability to interact with colleagues, team members and other department staff as well as management and executives in a professional manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English: ability to communicate clearly, and tactfully with clients, colleagues and staff.
- Ability to interact with industry professionals at all levels.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- PC Computer skills including Excel, Outlook and Word and ability and willingness to learn new and/or proprietary computer applications as required
- Ability to work well under pressure
Credentials, Experience & Education
- Minimum Educational Requirement: High School Graduate
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience