Duties & Tasks
- Collaborate with company executives and managers to maintain our continuity of crew payroll operations, and company responses to client inquiries.
- Develop and maintain documentation of production payroll initiatives, procedures, and workflows.
- Establish milestones, monitor progress of projects and tasks, keeping them on schedule, compliant and on track with applicable deadlines.
- Oversee implementation of TTC’s online timecard system and ensure contract fulfillment when working with third party vendors.
- Provide analysis of, and input on, implications of crew payroll initiatives, alliances or other commitments that impact the company such as agreements with clients or third-party partners.
- Strategize with executives on mid/long-term planning and technology initiatives to improve processes and efficiencies.
- Work with IT department on technology requirements and development specifications for i reports/tools to meet client needs and/or to comply with applicable legislation or union requirements.
- Oversee and participate in both internal and external User Acceptance Testing
- Collaborate with other company managers on staff trainings and the creation of client notices, labor updates, and policy & procedures documentation.
- Stay current with applicable labor law, union contracts and industry trends.
- Ongoing review of company data management, systems and procedures to ensure confidentiality and that they meet legal standards, integrity and client requirements.
- Create and manage annual department budget.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of applicable crew union (IATSE, DGA, Teamster.) labor agreements in relationship to payroll and pension payments
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor law and employment regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- PC Computer skills including Microsoft 365. Knowledge of OnBase, and JDE preferred.
- Ability to exercise sound professional judgment in decision-making,
- Ensure adequate staffing levels to accommodate operational requirements.
- Manage and motivate employees including addressing claims, disciplinary actions and annual reviews that are compliant with company policy as well as federal & state labor requirements.
- Properly and fully document employee complaints or issues and advise TTC leadership, the HR department and appropriate senior management.
- Ability to have fun
Credentials, Experience & Education
- Minimum Educational requirement: College degree.
- Minimum five years Crew Payroll, Talent (Performer) Payroll, or Production Company experience
- Personnel supervision and business manager level experience preferred.