Phenomenal opportunity to work in the world of concert tours and live events. The TEAM Companies is the leader in providing business support for all facets of the music industry from recording to concert tours and music festivals. This position in our Tours Payroll department has excellent growth potential. The Payroll Coordinator helps manage a complex process of paying major pop rock and country artists, singers, musicians, crew, and all types of support staff that are required to take a live musical entertainment production across the country and often across the world. In addition to processing payroll, the Tours Payroll Coordinator works directly with artists’ business managers and handles inquiries from tour managers, singers, crew, and performer’s representatives. This is a team-player position that requires accuracy, attention to detail, and a pro-active approach to duties and responsibilities. . Our ideal candidate must be discreet in handling company, client and employee information and have a positive attitude, professional ethics, appearance, and conduct.
Duties & Tasks
- Accurate and timely processing of payroll.
- Interface between clients and colleagues on project set-up, employment paperwork, time-card breakdown and payroll preparation.
- Data and project information maintenance to ensure accuracy of records and client notifications.
- Assist with verifying Payroll and Review of outgoing invoices.
- Back-up colleagues as needed
- Assist with additional or special tasks or projects as requested.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Detailed and highly organized.
- Be flexible with and able to work independently
- Work well under pressure with time constraints..
- 10-key data entry
- PC Computer skills including Outlook and Excel
- Ability and willingness to learn new and proprietary computer applications as required.
- Willing to work overtime.
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude and outstanding client service and phone skills
- Basic office skills and multi-tasking abilities–
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge of billing or payroll preferred but not required.
Credentials, Experience & Education
- Minimum Educational requirement: High School Graduate.
- Two years of college business courses or equivalent work experience.