Duties & Tasks
- Accounts Payable:
- Process vendor invoices for payment – union, non-union and other vendors, verifying veracity and confirming details and approvals and assigning correct GL distributions.
- Generate vouchers and cut checks
- Ensure all paperwork are included and process for mailing out.
- Prepare reports to ensure all payments are made on time.
- Analyze expense report submissions thru Concur on a monthly basis. Maintains and enforces company travel and expense policy.
- Prepare some Bank Reconciliation reports on a monthly basis.
- Assist in preparation of Accounts Payable reports and analysis thereof.
- Assist in monthly GL analyses
- Assist A/P and GL month end close tasks.
- Assist in the payment of various corporate and state taxes.
- Back up to other accounting personnel as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic office skills, proficiency in standard office equipment – computers, calculators, phones, etc.
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to detail and great analytical skills.
- Flexibility and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willingness to work overtime including weekends and holidays
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interaction with co-workers in a professional office setting
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook. Knowledge of JD Edwards or other ERP systems experience and Hubble reporting a plus but not required
- Ability and willingness to learn new and/or proprietary system applications as needed.
Credentials, Experience & Education
Credentials and Experience
- Educational requirement: College Graduate in Accounting or Business preferred.
- At least one (2) years relevant work experience required.