Great opportunity for the right candidate in a successful company with good benefits and a friendly work environment. We are looking for a “self-starter” with a strong background in corporate accounting, good judgment, initiative, excellent interpersonal skills and a pro-active approach to tasks and responsibilities. Payroll experience a plus. Discretion in handling company and private or confidential information, along with professional ethics, appearance and conduct is also required.
Duties & Tasks
- Daily cash flow statement
- Responsible for daily bank activities (positive pay uploads/downloads)
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintain fixed assets and monthly depreciation schedule
- Maintain and reconcile other balance sheet accounts including prepaid expenses and accrued liabilities.
- Responsible for month-end journal entries and month-end accruals as needed
- Petty cash reconciliation
- Assistance in the preparation of financial and audit schedules
- Preparation of periodic accounting reports and schedules as needed
- Assist in workers comp audit and multi states workers comp filings
- Perform special projects and prepare ad hoc operational and financial analyses as required by management
- Back up to other accounting personnel
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic office skills, proficiency in standard office equipment – computers, calculators, phones, etc.
- Strong verbal and written skills along with good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills required
- Flexibility and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willingness to work overtime including weekends and holidays
- Good interaction with co-workers in a professional office setting
Credentials, Experience & Education
- Educational requirement: College Graduate in Accounting or Business.
- At least 5 years work experience as an Accountant required.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook. Knowledge of JDEdwards a plus.
- Ability and willingness to learn new and/or proprietary system applications as needed.