Duties & Tasks
- Duties and Tasks include, but are not limited to those listed below.
- Interface between clients and payroll team on project set-up, payroll processing, residuals breakdown and processing and review and verification of
- Successful processing of payroll within company’s 48-hour turn-around time
- Project analysis, budgeting and
- Client follow-up on Guarantee and Residuals
- Client support for talent contract inquiries, audits, union waivers and final cast
- Data and project system maintenance to ensure accuracy of records and client
- Filing of
- Assist with checking or verifying Payroll – Union & Non-Union / Review of outgoing
- Back-up other staff members with payroll (union and non-union) and assist or fill in for colleagues when required due to absence or
- Assist with additional or special tasks or projects as
- Assist management with development and enhancement of computer
- Assist with employee follow-up to verify or update W4, Minor Trust, agent, or other payroll information.
- Handle incoming client, employee and inquiry phone calls appropriately and as needed, and inform department management of issues or seek assistance with questions or inquiries as necessary.
- Flexibility: Ability and willingness to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice.
- Responsibility to the team, department and company for status and completion of tasks, duties and assignments in accordance with instructions, standards and deadlines or established time-frames.
- Professional attitude: Maintain professional working relationships with clients, co-workers, supervisors and other
- Ability to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as
- Ability to assist or “fill in” for other office or department staff, as requested or as
- Ability to assume responsibility for special projects from time to time as
- Ability to travel, if necessary, or requested.
- Ability and willingness to stay current with industry standards and practices through self-education as well as attending seminars or other educational or training programs as requested or necessary.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic office skills and abilities, knowledge of standard office equipment – computers, phones, etc. – and professional interaction with colleagues, team members and other department staff as well as management and executives in a business office setting.
- Knowledge of modern business communication, including letters, email, memoranda, and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; ability to communicate clearly and accurately with clients, colleagues and
- Positive attitude and outstanding client service
- Knowledge of government and entertainment Advertising industry rules and regulations for payroll preferred.
- Knowledge of SAG-AFTRA, AFM contracts for advertising or entertainment
- PC Computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, ACT, ability and willingness to learn new and/or proprietary computer applications as
- Attention to details.
- Flexibility and multi-tasking abilities, ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to use proprietary Payroll
- Organizational skills: Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without
- Excellent editing skills
- Strong analytical
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and
- Ability and willingness to learn on the job.
Administration & Support
- Assist with Employee maintenance as needed.
- Work with Coordinators to gather information for payroll
- W4 info, Minor Trust (“Coogan”) info,
- Follow-up with employees to clarify information by phone or email as needed.
- Assist with distribution of invoices.
- Assist with accounting aspects of payroll, billing and client payments. Review unapplied receipts.
- Request refunds.
- Prepare and distribute overpayment/recoupment notices.
- Generate check requests for for signatories.
- Assist in development of payroll system by providing positive input regarding needs and requirements necessary to accomplish various department
- Perform other duties, tasks or special projects as instructed or requested.
- Communicate information from clients and employees to team members and department staff.
Credentials, Experience & Education
- Minimum Educational requirement: High School
- College business courses or equivalent work experience
- Minimum two years work experience required in advertising or entertainment talent payroll.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Employees are expected to comply with all terms and conditions of company personnel policies, including, without limitation, professional ethics and conduct, attire and appearance standards, attendance and reporting of absences, overtime policies, etc.
- TTC is a payroll company which handles sensitive personal information for employees. All TTC employees are required to maintain strict confidentiality with respect to company systems and client and employee data and information.