Duties & Tasks
Duties and Tasks include, but are not limited to those listed below.
- Interface between clients and payroll team on project set-up, payroll review, verification and processing, as well as residuals processing.
- Project analysis, budgeting and estimating.
- Client follow-up on Celebrity Payment Guarantees and Residuals Tracking.
- Client support for talent contract inquiries, audits, union waivers and final cast determinations.
- Data and project system maintenance to ensure accuracy of records and client notifications.
- Assist with verifying Payroll – Union & Non-Union / Review of outgoing invoices.
- Back-up other staff members and fill in for colleagues when required due to absence or workload.
- Assist with additional or special tasks as requested.
- Work with management in the development and enhancement of computer systems.
- Assist with follow-up to verify or update W4, Minor Trust, agent, or other payroll information.
- Handle inquiry phone calls as needed, and inform department management of issues or seek assistance with questions as necessary.
Administration & Support
- Assist with performer/employee information management as needed.
- Work with Coordinators to gather information for payroll processing.
- W4 info, Minor Trust (“Coogan”) info, etc.
- Follow-up with performers/employees to clarify information
- Distribute invoices.
- Assist with accounting aspects of payroll, billing and client payments.
- Review unapplied receipts.
- Request refunds.
- Prepare and distribute overpayment/recoupment notices.
- Generate check requests for signatories.
- Assist with payroll system enhancements by providing positive input regarding needs and requirements necessary to accomplish various department tasks.
- Perform other duties, tasks or special projects as instructed or requested.
- Communicate information from clients and performers/employees to internal team members and department staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic office skills and abilities, knowledge of standard office equipment and professional interaction with colleagues management and executives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Positive attitude and outstanding client service skills.
- Knowledge of government and entertainment/advertising industry rules and regulations for payroll is preferred.
- Knowledge of SAG-AFTRA, AFM contracts for advertising or entertainment
- PC Computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, ACT, and willingness to learn new and/or proprietary computer applications.
- Attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure.
- Flexible multi-tasker.
- Organizational skills: establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Excellent editing skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Willingness to learn on the job.
Credentials, Experience & Education
- Minimum Educational requirement High School Graduate.
- College business courses or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum two years work experience required in advertising or entertainment talent payroll.
- Willingness to perform a variety of tasks and be able to change assignments on short notice.
- Must completion of tasks, and assignments in accordance with instructions, standards and deadlines or.
- Maintain professional working relationships with clients and co-workers,.
- Willing to work overtime, as requested.
- Ability to assume responsibility for special projects.
- Willing to travel, if necessary,
- Remain current with industry standards and practices through self-education, seminar attendance or other educational or training programs.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Employees are expected to comply with all terms and conditions of company personnel policies, including, , professional ethics and conduct, attire and appearance standards, attendance and reporting of absences, overtime policies, etc.
- All TTC employees are required to maintain strict confidentiality with respect to company systems and client and performer/employee