ABOUT The TEAM Companies
The TEAM Companies (TTC) are a leading payroll, business affairs & technology provider to the advertising & entertainment industries. We offer union & non-union payroll for actors, musicians, singers, crew, editors, visual effects artists and other craftspeople working on commercials, video games, online content, concert tours and in the music recording industry. TTC also provides technology products including a best in class online timecard and employee on-boarding system designed for the content production community. This is a great opportunity to join an industry segment leader & contribute directly to its impact in the advertising & entertainment communities it serves.
Great opportunity in an exciting industry with good growth potential. The TEAM Companies provide a wide array of business services and technology products that support the creation of advertising, entertainment, and music. The Payroll Tax Administrator is an administrative position that is responsible for preparing, processing, and analyzing payroll tax data to ensure accurate and timely payroll tax deposits per Federal, State, and Local requirements. This is a mid-career level position that requires analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, an aptitude for numbers, multi-tasking abilities, and good attendance. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with initiative and a pro-active approach to tasks, responsibilities, and working with colleagues. Discretion in handling company and client information is required, along with professional ethics, appearance and conduct.
Duties & Tasks
- Reconcile payroll tax reports to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare payroll tax reports to submit to Federal, State, and Local tax agencies.
- Submit payroll tax files for processing.
- Monitor the daily payroll tax liabilities and make corresponding payments.
- Audit payroll tax reports against the General Ledger tax accruals to ensure the correct amount of taxes incurred are paid.
- Prepare daily, weekly, semi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual tax returns for state withholding and unemployment.
- Assist with the auditing and corrections to the payroll tax data used in the preparation of quarterly returns.
- Research and respond to unemployment inquiries and verify earnings.
- Respond to audit inquiries and complete audit forms.
- Assist in the timely production and distribution of W-2s and annual state tax reconciliations.
- Perform additional or special tasks or projects as requested.
- Assist with support for incoming phone calls and inquiries as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Interaction with colleagues, team members and other department staff as well as management and executives in a professional office setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; ability to communicate clearly and concisely with tax agencies, callers, colleagues, and staff.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping.
- PC Computer skills including Outlook, Word, and Excel, and ability and willingness to learn new and/or proprietary computer applications as required.
- Attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Flexibility and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work overtime, including weekends and holidays when necessary, especially during quarterly and year-end tax reporting periods.
- Experience with internet state tax filing, and electronic data transfer preferred, but not required
Credentials, Experience & Education
- Minimum 3 years experience with payroll tax multi-state filings/W2 reporting
- Minimum Educational Requirement: High School Graduate, two years of college preferred