Technology has made it easy for anyone to create and distribute content. It has also made it easy to share and “borrow” others’ creative work.
We exist in a culture where duplicating or repurposing content is common, but not always legal. When the “It’s free. I found it on the internet” mentality spills into a professional environment, the ramifications of copyright infringement and unauthorized use can be costly.
The TEAM Companies provide thorough ownership research, negotiation for licensing & permissions and license agreement review for use of the following:
- Video/Film clips.
- Stock Footage.
- Specialty props & wardrobe.
- Logos/Icons/mascots and other corporate identifiers.
- Personal likeness.
- Unique Design Elements (i.e. lighting design on the Eiffel Tower).
Rights Management Technology
The TEAM On-Line Client System’s (TOCS) Rights Management portal is designed to help you manage:
- Tracking talent use & expirations.
- Tracking all licensed elements in a project.
- Entering essential metadata information related to conditions of use of that element.
- Uploading reference versions of the asset.
- Uploading copies of key documents.
- Generating custom reports.
TOCS users can log in here.
TTC has created an open API so that TOCS can interface with Distribution and Digital Asset Management (DAM) systems. This feature allows:
- Client notification when the use of a performer or licensed element has expired or is about to expire.
- Metadata entered by producers or business affairs personnel can be transferred to designated DAM system and attached to final asset.